Information we collect and how we use it
We offer a number of Services that may not require you to register for an account or provide any personal information to us. However, in order to provide our full range of Services, we may collect the following types of in formation:
- • Information you provide – When you sign up for an account or other Services that require registration, we ask you for personal information (such as your name, email address and an account password). For certain Services, such as our advertising programs, we also request credit card or other payment account information which we maintain in encrypted form on secure servers. All such information will be used only for the purposes for which it was provided.
- • Log information – When you access the site and use the Services, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform type, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
- • Clear Gifs Information – When you access the Site or otherwise use the Services, we may employ “clear gifs” (a.k.a. Web Beacons) which are used to track the online usage patterns of our Users anonymously (i.e., in a non-personally identifiable manner). In addition, we may also use clear gifs in HTML based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened by recipients.
- • User communications – When you send email or other communication through the Site or directly to the Owner, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our Services.
- • Links – The Site may present links in a format that enables the Owner to keep track of whether these links have been followed. We use this information to improve the quality of our search technology, provide customized content and advertising.
- • Google Analytics – This Site may be linked to Google Analytics, a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor access to the Site and use of the Services. For more information on how Google uses data please visit the following webpage: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
Choices for personal information
You can decline to submit personal information to any of our Services, in which case the Owner may not be able to provide those Services to you.
The Owner only shares personal information with other companies or individuals other than the Owner in the following limited circumstances:
- • Where we have your consent.
- • Where we have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to:
- o provide the Services to you;
- o satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request;
- o detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; or
- o protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of the Owner, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
We restrict access to personal information to the Owner’s employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve the Site and the Services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations subject to enforcement, if they fail to meet these obligations.
Accessing and updating personal information
When you use the Services, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information, either to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. We ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort.
Retention of Data
GDPR Compliance and Consent
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you may have rights pursuant to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). This will confirm that the Owner takes reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete and otherwise limit its use of your personal information. You may contact the Owner at any time using the contact information below if you would like to be informed of the personal information that the Owner holds about you, and if you would like your personal information to be corrected or removed from our systems.
If your use of this Site and the Service is subject to GDPR, you may have the following data protection rights:
- • to access, update or delete your personal information retained by the Owner;
- • to rectify any information collected by the Owner that is inaccurate or incomplete;
- • to require the Owner to erase your personal data without undue delay;
- • to restrict or object to the Owner’s processing of your personal information;
- • to receive a copy of personal information about you that is being held by the Owner;
- • to withdraw your consent to the Owner’s continued access to, use and processing of your personal information.
Privacy of Children
The Site and Services are intended only for those persons that are at least 18 years of age. If you are under the age of 18, you must immediately cease access to and use of the Site and Services. If you are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of 18 that has provided personal information through the Site please contact us, in which case we well take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Contact & Dispute Resolution Process
Dr. Daren Heyland at email@example.com